Sunday, August 26, 2007

Into the INSEAD Intranet

On Friday, I got access to NetVestibule which is INSEAD's intranet:


I quickly went through the students that have been admitted so far and I can say that they are all pretty impressive: Most are around 29 years old, all speak many languages, and most do not work in their countries of origin ... INSEAD style I guess :)

248 students have been admitted so far: 49 distinct nationalities including: 3 Moroccans, 13 Canadians, 29 Americans, 4 Mexicans, 1 Peruvian, 6 Brazilians, 2 Argentinians, 3 Spanish, 14 British, 17 French, 3 Japanese, 8 Chinese, 7 Italians.

I have listed the countries that I lived in and some of the countries that I visited as I am looking forward to discussing the amazing places I have seen to learn a bit more about them.

Specifically: Iga Ueno, Himeji, & Miyajima in Japan, Machu Pichu, the Andes & Uros islands in Peru, Maracana and Rio Carnaval in Brazil, the beautiful Buenos Aires in Argentina, China where should I start ... what an amazing beautiful country, the Vatican, Rome, & Florence in Italy etc...

The Intranet is pretty well designed, one can post her/his own mini-bio, resume, interests, hobbies, a picture etc... so one can go through the students and alumni and look for specific things ... There is a message board where one can put an inquiry or info relating to pretty much anything including Housing (which is really what I am focusing on right now).

Speaking of housing, check out this website: http://www.chateaudemontmelian.com/
This is a Chateau where students, I repeat STUDENTS live: Isn't this place just AMAZING?!?

I am personally looking for a place much much closer to campus as I really don't want to drive: I have been doing it for the last 7 years and I am frankly tired of it; I would love to walk/bike for a while even if it is just for one year :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you very much for sharing your story. I'm from China and also a INSEAD hopeful, working on my application for sept intake in 2008. It was amazing that you spend just 4 week-ends for your GMAT. How much have you got? Hope that you could bring us more story after you start your MBA at INSEAD.

Anonymous said...

Hi Youssef,

Thanks for such an relieving post. It did removed a lot of confusions.
I need to ask someting.
I got 680 (35 verbal, 48 Quant, 5.5/6 AWA) in GMAT. Academically, i have a 3.8 GPA with gold medal in B.Tech(Mech Engg). I have done lots of Literary activities in my college days and have even hosted the Literary Fest. i have around 2 years of work exp in a Consulting Firm.
I just want to ask whether i need to give GMAT again, as i want ot apply in top B schools just like Insead.
I would be grateful

Regards,
Ahmad